sudo apt-get install leafpad
- Change BIOS and UEFI: set it to AHCI instead of IDE (BIOS -> Advanced -> Integrated Peripherals)
- Updated firmware.
- Reserve 10 percent for overprovisioning (unused space)
- Use EXT4
- Automatic TRIM: by rc.local
- – In terminal, run sudo gedit /etc/rc.local
- – Above the line exit 0 in that file, add the TRIM command “fstrim -v” for every automatically mounted EXT4 partition.
- – for example: for trim root, add “fstrim -v /”. For trim seperate home partition, add “fstrim -v /home” and “fstrim -v /”
- – note: not for partitions that aren’t mounted by default. And also not for the swap partition.
- – save and reboot.
- Limit Oracle Java the write actions of the Java plugin:
- – launch the Java Control Panel – Tab General:
- – Temporary Internet Files – Settings…
- – Remove the tick for: Keep temporary files on my computer.
- Do NOT enable hibernation